JewishColumbus Trusted Charitable Advisor Program is a network of Columbus professional advisors dedicated to building relationships and integrating charitable planning as a strategy for achieving clients’ overall goals. The Columbus Jewish Foundation has a long history of working with Attorneys, Accountants, Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers, providing them with tools to engage their clients in charitable conversations to enhance their relationships.
Since 1955, the Columbus Jewish Foundation has served as the Columbus Jewish community headquarters for planned giving and endowments Today, a partnership with JewishColumbus, the Foundation continues to strengthen the community thanks to generous community members. As a local community Foundation, we serve as community philanthropic advisors in charitable planning through fund management, gift planning expertise, and matching charitable interests with community needs, near and far.
PARTNERING WITH ADVISORS
The Columbus Jewish Foundation has a long history of working with Attorneys, Accountants, Financial Advisors and Wealth Managers, providing them with tools to engage their clients in charitable conversations to enhance their relationships. We offer an array of professional advisor resources, such as:
- Dedicated advisor web page
- Presentations at advisors’ firms
- Charitable gift projections
- Nonprofit research for clients
- Participation in client or family meetings
JewishColumbus, in partnership with the San Diego Jewish Community Foundation, offers the Trusted Charitable Advisor (TCA) program to advance charitable planning and to further strengthen our partnerships with the Columbus professional advisor community. In this program you have the opportunity to:
- Attend three Trusted Charitable Advisor luncheon workshops
- Recognition as a Trusted Charitable Advisor in JewishColumbus publications and website
- Develop customized materials for your firm to lead charitable conversations
- Connect with other charitably-minded advisors
• Learn about emerging trends in philanthropy
• Participate in training for enhanced charitable planning
LEARN. DISCUSS. ENGAGE.
Workshop topics include:
• The Philanthropic Landscape
• Why is philanthropy different today?
• How has technology influenced giving?
• What can we expect in the next decade?
• Who are the next generation of givers?
Listen and Learn topics include:
• Philanthropy in your practice
• Developing a dialogue of trust
• Being a good listener for charitable triggers
• Creating relationships through stories
Inspire and Engage topics include:
• Language of philanthropy
• Multi-generational family meetings
• Charitable giving vehicles and options
• Planned giving conversations
All of the workshops will be held from 12:00 to 1:30 pm.
- Wednesday, August 11, 2021
The Philanthropic Landscape
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021
Listen and Learn topic TBA
- Wednesday, December 8, 2021
Inspire and Engage topic TBA
PROGRAM COST: $180
To be recognized as a Trusted Charitable Advisor (TCA), you must complete the three workshops presented by JewishColumbus and the San Diego Jewish Community Foundation. In order to maintain recognition, a TCA must meet with Foundation staff or attend at least one Professional Advisor event annually.
This program is presented in partnership with the San Diego Jewish Community Foundation.