Share this Page
WHO WE ARE
Mamanet is a fun, social sports league for mothers started in Israel 12 years ago and has been growing phenomenally around the world. It’s been played in the U.S. for three years and at the Columbus JCC East for two years. The sport is Cachibol, also known as Newcomb, a variation of volleyball where players catch, pass and throw the ball using a regulation-size volleyball and court. Fun social events, team practices and games give women an opportunity to meet and bond with other women. Within the Mamanet community, women feel empowered and contribute their time and energy to projects that give back to their community.
- New teams forming now on eastside, northwest side and New Albany
- Season runs October 3 through May 22 with breaks for Jewish and seasonal holidays
- Once a week, 1.5 hour time commitment for team practice or game
- 14-16 players required to create a team; August 30 deadline to form new team
- Dedicated professional coach per team
- Small monthly player fee covers coach, game referee, score keeper and weekly court costs
- No previous playing experience required
- Women from all backgrounds welcome; JCC membership not required
Attend one or more free and fun, open gym sessions to play and learn more about Mamanet prior to the August 30 team deadline and start of season in October.
- JCC East, 1125 College Ave: Wednesday, August 15, 22 and 29; 7:30 pm